PIcture Source: The University of Utah: http://epubs.utah.edu/index.php/open
- What is open research?
- In what ways can research be open?
- What do we mean by open in this context?
- When is it appropriate for research to be open?
- What does researching openly involve and what makes open research possible?
- What are the benefits of open research?
- What kinds of challenges might a researcher face when researching in the open?
Whilst researching in the open can be an enabler (blogging your research findings can potentially reach a wider audience, more quickly, than via the traditional paper publishing route; see for example one of Martin Weller’s “open scholarship example[s]“) it also has potential challenges (particularly ethical issues) that researchers might face or need to consider.
We’ll be exploring some of these issues and the questions above during a four week facilitated course on open research that we’re planning for June 2014. The focus of the…
View original post 251 more words